(Sr.) Director of Strategy & Business Development
Hybrid (Irvine HQ 2-4 days/wk)
Inari Medical developed two thrombectomy technology platforms for the treatment of peripheral vessels that were funded by prestigious venture capital firms, Gilde Healthcare, Versant Ventures, and U.S. Venture Partners. Both technologies have FDA clearance which enabled Inari Medical to make history as the most profitable MedTech company in the first year of sales generating $51M in 2019 and $277M in 2021. After going public, Inari Medical was named the best IPO debut of 2020. Oh, and Inari Medical is named after a piece of sushi…inari sushi. Inari is hiring their (Sr.) Director of Strategy and Business Development.
- Video: What is Venous Thromboembolism?
- ClotTriever: The ClotTriever System
- FlowTriever: FlowTriever Retrieval/Aspiration System
We have partnered with Kevin Strange, Vice President of Strategy and Business Development of Inari Medical, to hire our Director of Strategy and Business Development. This position will execute corporate strategies, M&As, and present to executive leaders and the Board of Directors. Additionally, this leader will grow and manage a team, lead business development deals, and identify target markets for Inari Medical.
- Manage the development of long-term global strategies for internal and external growth and partnerships.
- Performs financial analyses to evaluate strategic alternatives and new investment opportunities.
- Conduct research and analysis related to intellectual property and potential M&A activity
- Conduct market analysis, monitor competitive activity, and identify key customer needs, while communicating and reporting program findings
- Lead due diligence processes and risk assessments for inorganic opportunities
- Work closely with legal team to negotiate, structure and execute transactions
- Establish relationships with external management teams; manage pipeline of deals and relationships
- Prepare comprehensive business plans for new growth initiatives, including new business opportunities or opportunistic enhancements to current, internal business.
- Lead as the financial and strategic support in evaluating mergers & acquisitions, joint venture partnerships, minority investments and cross-divisional business development initiatives
- Develop internal presentations highlighting strategic rationale, key considerations, upside opportunities, potential risks, etc.
- Develop comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses, including returns analysis and sensitivities
- Lead, develop, and manage team of analysts across project executions
- Present to executive team and to board of directors
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Exceptional strategic thinking and knowledge of Medical Device markets a strong plus.
- Ability to evaluate new markets and new business opportunities through the lens of an established long term strategy.
- Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to summarize complex data for different audiences.
- Superior quantitative skills, including strong facility with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong data, analytical, and modeling skills.
- Excellent financial acumen and knowledge of financial accounting and advanced statistical techniques.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to frame and communicate complex concepts and analyses in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Exceptional ability to develop and foster relationships.
- Flexibility within deal making parameters. High degree of professionalism and the ability to interact with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Experience working effectively both independently and, in a team,-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical/clinical science, engineering, data science or related field. MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience in corporate strategy/business development, investment banking, equity research, private equity or management consulting.
- Strong interest and/or prior experience in medical device or experience in a top management consulting firm, investment banking, private equity, and/or biotechnology/pharma company.
Inari Medical, Inc. is a privately held venture backed medical device company dedicated to the development of innovative catheter-based technologies for the treatment of venous thromboembolism. Inari is focused on solutions that enable the safe removal of large clot volumes from big vessels without the use of thrombolytic drugs. Inari has developed two novel mechanical thrombectomy technology platforms.
The FlowTriever System has FDA clearance for the treatment of pulmonary embolism and for thrombectomy in the peripheral vessels. The ClotTriever System has FDA clearance for thrombectomy in the peripheral vessels. Inari was founded in 2013 as a spin-out of Inceptus Medical, a medical device incubator.
VP, Strategy & Business Development
Thomas Tu, MD
CHIEF Medical OFFICER
Inari Medical Announces First Patient Enrolled in the PEERLESS Trial
Inari Medical Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results
Sr. Dir. of Strategy & Business Development
Hybrid (In Irvine HQ 2-4 days/wk)
Lifeblood Capital™ supports global MedTech Startups with Talent Acquisition and Fundraising Strategies. We build full-scale startup teams from Board and C-level executives to entry-level individual contributors and from early-stage R&D through multi-national commercialization phases.Approaching two decades of experience in the MedTech industry, our talent acquisition services and team-building efforts are the results of 2,000+ successful hires for 500+ companies in 6 continents. We have facilitated more than $220 million for MedTech startups with our fundraising strategies and global investor network.
People and money are the lifeblood capital of startups. Learn from our entrepreneurs and investors as we demystify raising and investing capital on our MedTech Money Podcast Series.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Co-Founder & Principal